Messaria is a Traditional Village in Santorini just 4 km the the island's Capital Fira in the south east direction towards the south of the island, Monolithos, Akrotiri, Perissa and Messaria. Messaria has no view of the volcano but is famous for its architecture which can be simply described as small white painted houses with rounded corners among in narrow streets.
Other historical buildings are the churches of Metamorphosis Sotiros and Aghia Irini, both build between 1680 and 1700, and the mansions built in 1888 in the village square which had been restored after the damaged cause by the earthquake in 1956, by its owner Georgios Argyros a wine merchant. In 1985 Melina Mercouri, declared it a listed monument.
Messaria primarily an agriculture town of Santorini decorated with beautiful gardens and surrounded by vineyards. Messaria attracted tourists and thereby developed luxury accommodation, specialty shops and restaurants. The town Messaria is the center of the famous Santorini wine.